Who is teaming with Curriculum Works™?
NWEA and Curriculum Works collaborate to align MAP Growth data with standards-aligned instructional content from our web-based curriculum management platform. Teachers have immediate access to K–12 teaching resources. These resources are specifically aligned to MAP Learning Statements by RIT ranges. This makes it simple for teachers to quickly individualize instruction based on MAP Growth assessment results. Curriculum Works' first-of-its-kind educational resource planning platform includes over 700,000 units of instruction and 1,000 sample lesson plans. The platform also includes easy assignment of standards, standards tracking, and full mapping capabilities. All content is customizable to allow districts to respond to local needs.
CEI is now teaming with Curriculum Works. The only company that offers an Educational Resource Planning Platform with the capacity to create, align, and map classroom content all in one place. Curriculum Works provides an easy-to-use flexible platform for teachers to plan, share lessons, and track progress.
Executive Director and educator Christine Mason offers her supportive testimonial: “Of the cloud-based offerings that facilitate curriculum planning, organizing, monitoring, and decision-making, Curriculum Works has several enhancements that set it apart from the pack. I was particularly impressed with the extensive nature of the components Curriculum Works provides across grade levels, as well as the partnership with NWEA. Curriculum Works is NWEA’s newest Instructional Content Provider giving teachers immediate access to K–12 teaching resources specifically aligned to MAP Learning Statements by RIT ranges. This makes it simple to quickly individualize instruction based on MAP Growth assessment results."
From a 21st Century perspective here are some of the unique features that caught my attention.
- K-12 curriculum that is vetted and curated by education professionals.
- The curriculum is more than a list of aligned resources or activities. The components are all part of the instructional process and are connected to a larger instructional plan for teachers.
- In addition to links to math and reading standards, it includes links to Next Generation Science Standards.
- Over 2,000 teacher-developed sample lesson plans.
- Content for early childhood and early literacy for K-3.
- Resource for incorporating problem-solving activities.
- Project Based Learning – Engaging Scenarios and ideas for service learning projects.
- Components constantly updated and can be used as-is or customized to fit the local needs of the district, teachers, and students.
The above features are embedded into the comprehensive Curriculum Works structure. A lesson planning function, a curriculum mapping function and simple and easy ways for users to cut and paste to modify content, create units, and develop lesson plans. Share with others, track progress and generate reports with ease. All in a great resource for teachers and administrators alike!”
Christine Mason, Executive Director, Center for Educational Improvement